If you have the 10Micron GM2000 Ultraport mount you probably will want to take your mount to your favourite dark sky site. To help safely store, as well as transport, your mount and essential accessories 10Micron offer their 3-piece, Italian made, professional flight case set. The cases are designed to hold the GM2000 RA and base, the (detached) DEC mount section and various accessories. These strong hard-shell, durable, special resin cases are each equipped with:
- Four sets of watertight two-stage latches for keeping the lid securely closed
- An internal O-ring seal system to protect the contents in wide-ranging conditions such as changes in atmospheric pressure (e.g. travelling with them on an aircraft will create a vacuum-tight seal).
- A pressure release valve
- Two carry handles (three on the larger case containing the RA and base mount section)
- Roller wheels on the base and a retractable handle for easy moving of the case along flat surface.
- Sturdy pre-cut internal padding for a snug fit of the mount components and accessories
The cases and all components are 100% recyclable and any waste from the production of the cases are reintegrated into the production cycle.
The image below shows the three cases with their carry handles visible and the retractable handles at full height (the chickens and plants are not included!). The body of the large case (middle) is ~360x480x220mm, with the other two cases being ~550x460x260mm in size (handles retracted).
The image below shows the case containing the GM2000 Ultraport RA and base part of the mount. The large counterweight shaft can also be seen on the left.
The DEC section of the mount, with a 3″ Losmandy style dovetail clamp attached, is shown below being safely stored in its custom shaped padding. A few small accessories can be seen in the storage area to the top right of the mount.
In the photograph below, a range of essential accessories are stored in the third case. Shown are
Top row from left to right: 6kg V2A counterweight ; 12kg V2A counterweight ; Mount control box ; Hand controller with cable pre-attached. On the bottom the Baader stabilised power supply unit can be seen.
The case set is available on its own (here), or they come as part of the Professional Accessory Package for the GM2000 Ultraport, which also includes the Centaurus tripod, two counterweights, 3″ dovetail clamp, power supply and software.