With their long experience in robotic astronomical mounts, 10Micron have been working and developing a new telescope mount project: their new AZ professional-grade alt-azimuth fork mount with DDS (Direct Drive System) with software integrated derotator/focuser. These mounts will be used for professional and research applications such as astronomy and satellite tracking.
The 10Micron AZ DDS mounts will include all the latest current technologies in mechanical, electrical, electronics, software and design fields. Any single feature of the AZ mount and its components have been accurately studied in order to reach the highest level of efficiency that has always characterised any other of the 10Micron products. Furthermore, we have also integrated some special features in order to ensure the safety of both the instrument payload and the operator.
The main AZ DDS features:
- Exclusive 10Micron software, based on their HPS system, developed after several years of specific application in the field
- Direct drive high torque motors specially designed for astronomy applications
- On-axis very high resolution absolute encoders
- High quality large diameter ball bearings
- Very stiff and compact fork to minimize vibrations
- Integrated electronics and on-board computer with internal sky modelling capability
- Minimum base height for use with small domes and improve stability
- Nasmyth focus (option): 100 mm diameter Nasmyth port
- High precision, zero shift and high payload capable De-rotator/focuser
- Very fast slewing/pointing speed up to 30°/sec. – suitable for satellite tracking
- very accurate tracking for long exposure unguided imaging
- Mechanical safety stops in both axis
- Internal cable channels for custom accessories
The AZ5000 DDS is designed to accommodate telescopes of 24″ -26″ in diameter. However a complete telescope-and-mount observatory configuration is also possible.
The mount is normally available alone for Cassegrain focus type telescopes (standard version) and we can supply the correct flanges to accommodate the customer’s optics. A Nasmyth focus configuration is available as option.
Specifications are subject to change.