With their long experience in robotic astronomical mounts, 10Micron have been working and developing a new telescope mount project: their new AZ professional-grade alt-azimuth fork mount with DDS (Direct Drive System) with software integrated derotator/focuser. These mounts will be used for professional and research applications such as astronomy and satellite tracking.
The 10Micron AZ DDS mounts will include all the latest current technologies in mechanical, electrical, electronics, software and design fields. Any single feature of the AZ mount and its components have been accurately studied in order to reach the highest level of efficiency that has always characterised any other of the 10Micron products. Furthermore, 10Micron have also integrated some special features in order to ensure the safety of both the instrument payload and the operator.
The main AZ DDS features:
- Direct drive high torque motors specially designed for astronomy application
- On-axis high resolution absolute encoders
- High quality large diameter ball bearings
- Very stiff and compact fork to minimize vibrations
- Integrated electronics and onboard computer with internal sky model capability
- Integrated interface for focuser/derotator control
- Minimum base height for use with small domes and improve stability
- Nasmyth focus(es) 100 mm or 180 mm Nasmyth hole diameter
- very fast pointing speed up to 30°/sec. – suitable for satellite tracking
- very accurate tracking for long exposure unguided imaging
The AZ5000 DDS is designed to accommodate telescopes of 1-metre/40″ in diameter. However a complete telescope-and-mount observatory configuration is also possible.
The mount will be available alone or available with an OTA. A Nasmyth focus configuration is available as option.
Specifications are subject to change.